Saturday, May 19, 2012

San Fernando

A few weeks ago I got back from another trip to San Fernando. This is a small village of about 200 people where SAM has had a missionary working for the last 2 years. Recently a Bolivian couple decided that they would like to take over the work from the other missionary and I had the privileged of bringing them to San Fernando.


My usual accommodations are a tent with an airmattress set up on the church stage. Not the more comfortable, but its ok for one night at a time. Thankfully it was cooler than previous times when I have been there. 75 degrees instead of 90!


Jose Luis got me going in the morning with a breakfast of steak... not quite like IHOP but it works.




Nothing quite like flying on a beautiful morning. I was going to Robere to bring some supplies out to another village about 30 minutes away. The missionaries who live out there took 2 days to travel by road to Robere!


Robere, south eastern Bolivia. There is a highway and a rail road which connect this town to Santa Cruz.


Supplies and plastic chairs (a first for me to transport in the plane) going out to Santo Corazon in support of a children's after school program which the missionaries run. They had some of their food stolen recently and had to purchase more!

No comments: