Friday, November 21, 2008

50 Pieces

After taking apart my motorcycle motor, and finally receiving a new engine case, I was finally able to start putting things back together. However, there were a couple of seals and 2 bearings that I was not able to save from the old engine case. So I had to order parts again from the USA and wait another 3 weeks for them to come.
They did finally come last week, and so I stayed late after hours a couple of days putting the engine back together. I honed the cylinder, installed new rings, lapped the valves, installed new valve guide seals, and even had time to but on a new rear tire with plenty of tread. That will come in handy for the rainy season which is just starting now.
So hopefully I will have a running motorcycle again some time after thanksgiving! More pictures to come.

No comments: