Monday, July 9, 2007

Crumbs

Well, this is my first post from Lima, Peru. Unfortunately I do not have very good news regarding my CARNET. The original plan was to spend Monday signing paperwork and getting fingerprinted over at the Immigrations building. Unfortunately, the only thing that happened today was that I found out my appointment with Immigration is on THURSDAY morning. So that means 4 days in Lima waiting around instead of the 1 day that was planned.


Obviously I am very disappointed but from what I hear my experience in not very uncommon. Seems as though many things just take much longer here than we are used to back in the USA. As one of my friends pointed out, "There is a reason Peru is still a 3rd world country"


I take comfort in the fact that God is not surprised by this turn of events. He knows what is going on and He knows I am missing out on 4 more days of language school. I am encouraged by 1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all you anxiety upon him because he cares for you"

Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Oh Dave, groan. What a disappointment for you! Well, I guess all of Peru is your language school (and culture school) so maybe you're not missing anything after all! Maybe God has some other people for you to see & hang out with while there. Are the Doejaarens still there?
We're praying for you!
Mom

The Salvatierras said...

Hey Dave! I'm not sure if you'll get this before you leave, but we have a friend, Erin, who is also coming from Lima tomorrow - what time is your flight? Her's arrives here at 6:20, LAN 103. Anyways, we thought it would be cool to try and coordinate transportation together if you were on the same flight, since there's a huelga and stuff. E-mail us if you get this. thesalvatierras@yahoo.com

Wollo said...

Hey David!
Just found out that you have a blog too. So I just read your latest post. Hope your flight back tomorrow will be good and the strike here not that bad. Hopefully you won't have to walk...
See you then!
Wolfie

Unknown said...

Dave, I miss you so much. I really wish I could be there with you. Hangin out with the Llamas.

Enjoy Lima!