Saturday, January 29, 2011

Hot Springs

A few weeks ago, on a Saturday, I had the chance to visit some hot springs near Pucallpa. My friends from the Swiss Mission were the organizers of the outing.

Half the group drove 90 minutes and then took a 20 minute boat ride to arrive at the mouth of the river where the hot springs mixed in with the main river. I flew the other part of the group in the float plane 18 minutes and landed on the river where we all met up.


It was then an hour hike to arrive at the place where the water came out of the mountain side. Yes, I realize the irony of visiting a hot spring when its already 90 degrees out... but in Pucallpa there is not a whole lot to do.

I particular enjoyed swimming back and forth between the hot and cold water at the mouth of the big river. Its definitely a unique experience to swim in a river that becomes part of the Amazon!

No comments: