Saturday, January 29, 2011

Interior pieces

On Friday I finished a mini-milestone on the 206 rebuild project. I have been working for the past two week off and on trying to fit the new interior. The new beige plastic pieces needed to be trimmed and installed. One would think that this process would be easy, but many pieced needed some "persuasion" to fit well around windows and where they mated up with adjoining pieces. I made judicious use of a heat gun that helped me to mold the plastics so a good fit could be obtained.

My friend Nathan finished repairing the horizontal stablizer. There were numerous dents that needed to be filled and then sanded down. The protective rubber boot on the leading edge was also coming unglued so some industrial super glue was used to keep it attached for the next 10,000 hours of flight time.

No comments: